Roy's Foggy Avenues

Up and Down the Foggy Avenues of my mind.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Planning commission

Today I went down to the San Francisco Planning Commission meeting. It was pretty interesting there was not much controversy but on one item, the extension of a house on Belgrave Avenue in the Twin Peaks area, there was quite the conflict. I have to say I felt bad for the complainant, i.e., the people trying to bring it before discretionary review, but they were so incredibly wrong and so badly served by their attorney, at least in my personal and inexpert opinion that they really had no case to stand on. My favorite part, an opinion I appear to share with the Planning Commission's staff representative had to be when the attorney openly admitted that they had no objection to the construction, the real matter being an unfiled civil dispute over a variance from the early 70s. The whole business was just awful, the self indulgent and utterly disgustingly hypocritical expressions of love from the party complained against, the architect who made my skin crawl and the supposed artistic merits of a laughably ugly house. I must say I am very curious about the 1976 architectural survey that noted this house's importance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home